Top Love Quotes & Sayings of All Time
The following is our collection of Quotes about love or Romance that we feel are the top quoted quotes of all time. We have not placed these quotes in any particular order. Make sure to check them all out, they are great! (See what users like yourself ranked as the top Love Quotes.)
1. "A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous."
2. Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
- Captain Corelli's Mandolin6. "Love is the beauty of the soul."
3. "My night has become a sunny dawn because of you."
4. "In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love you want the other person."
5. "In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities."
7. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
8. "Each moment of a happy lover's hour is worth an age of dull and common life."
9. "Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me."
10. "In my wildest dreams, you always play the hero. In my darkest hour of night, you rescue me, you save my life."
--Bliss and Cerney
11. "Come live with me and be my love, and we will some new pleasures prove, of golden sands, and crystal beaches, with silken lines and silver hooks..."
12. "What I do and what I dream include thee, as the wine must taste of its own grapes..."
--Elizabeth Barret Browning
13. "I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach..."
--Elizabeth Barrett Browning
14. "Take away love, and our earth is a tomb."
15. "But to see her was to love her, love but her, and love her forever."
16. "She walks in Beauty, like the night
Of cloudness climes and starry skies,
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes..."
17. "Like music on the waters is they sweet voice to me."
18. "I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
19. "You're nothing short of my everything."
20. "The only true gift is a portion of yourself."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. "Thou art to me a delicious torment."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. "Love distills desire upon the eyes, love brings bewitching grace into the heart."
23. "I love her and that's the beginning of everything."
--F. Scott Fitzgerald
24. "I wished for nothing beyond her smile, and to walk with her thus, hand in hand, along a sun-warmed, flower-bordered path."
25. "Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."
26. "Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes
27. "What I feel for you seems less of earth and more of a cloudless heaven."
28. "It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
29. "Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one."
30. "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
31. "... See there's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me."
32. "When you came, you were like red wine and honey, and the taste of you burnt my mouth with its sweetness."
33. "Make me immortal with a kiss."
34. "Oh, thou art fairer than the evening air Clad in the beauty of a thousand stars."
35. "Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart."
--Alphonse Marie de la Martine
36. "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."
37. "We came by night to the Fortunate Isles, And lay like fish Under the net of our kisses."
38. "The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain signing to it...you and you alone make me feel that I am alive...Other men, it is said, have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough."
39. "In love there are two things: bodies and words."
--Joyce Carol Oates
40. "I become a waterwheel, turning and tasting you, as long as water moves."
41. "I miss you even more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal."
42. "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
43. "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
44. "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."
45. "Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."
46. "My heart is ever at your service."
47. "The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite."
48. "Love is but the discvery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition."
49. "I am my beloved, and my beloved is me."
--Song of Solomon
50. "Her breath is like honey spiced with cloves, Her mouth delicious as a ripened mango."